Friday, June 22, 2012

Do Over...


If given the chance, would you take a do over?  Is it just me or are you constantly finding that so many people live in regret and dwell on what they would change in their past if given the chance?   It is almost like some of us are searching for a rebirth or an opportunity to start all over.  It made me think about what I would do over or if given the chance whether I would want such an opportunity?
 
Isn’t the point of life and our journeys to experience, make mistakes, learn and do better?  Maya Angelou says, “When you know better, you do better.”  How are we supposed to do better if we don’t have moments in our lives we wish we could do over?  Those moments usually present the greatest learning opportunities.  It's those moments we think about in years to come and the ones that actually make us do better for ourselves and for those around us.

In indulging in the possibility of a do over and in examining the last 10 years of my life, I start to laugh, cry and then ultimately admire my life’s lessons.  We can get into details at another time, but ultimately, let’s just say, I have tried a lot, felt a ton of disappointment, put it altogether, loved, lost, loved, married and now am about to embark on my biggest life decision yet, motherhood.  Did I just understate the last 10 years of my life? Perhaps.  

But that is not my point.  My point is that while a “do over” sounds so exciting, I would be missing out on all of the people, things, experiences and moments that have molded me, built my confidence, taught me who I am and who I want to be.   Where would I be without a few failures and a few moments of triumph? 

Where would we all be without our imperfections and experiences?  Isn’t that what makes each of us unique?   Isn't that what we all are striving for anyway?  So wherever you are in your life, before you start wishing for a “do over,” take a step back and examine your last 10 years?  How far have you come?  And how far will you go? 

I would love to hear your thoughts.  Please share. 

Until Next Time.   
Find the Love.  Live the Life.  Love the Life you Live. 

With Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment