Sunday, November 20, 2011

Authentic Self

I am a self-professed self discovery seeker. In fact, one my greatest strengths is how self-aware I am. I strive to be authentic with myself and with anyone I encounter. Sometimes I wonder if I am alone in this journey of self-authenticity or are other people also striving for an authentic self. I have thought about this idea for a while. In a world where we measure people by the things they have rather than the thoughts they have, where we are judged by wearing the latest fashion rather than engaging in a deep conversation about life, how is anyone seeking their authentic self?

There are movements all over this country and throughout the world of people proclaiming their authenticity and spreading their own messages of what it means to be authentic. There are also just those people in society who know no other way and others who have lived through enough and learned enough in their lives that believe the only way to have a fulfilled life is through authenticity.

My question is – can you be both authentic and superficial at the same time? Can one part of you turn on while the other turns off? What would it take to be authentic even if it meant accepting your superficial views about life because that is a part of your life you like? I really believe that the most important part of being an authentic individual is being completely honest with yourself. In that completely honest state, you can only be authentic. Sounds like a lot, right?

It is a lot and of course, it depends – how willing are you to live a completely authentic life? What does that mean to you? The loveliness of the authentic self is that you are the only one that can define it for yourself. Now take a deep breath, one step at a time and strive for an authentic you. The world will be a better place for it.

Until next time…
Find the Love. Live the Life. Love the Life you Live.

With Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment