Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Two Weeks In...

It’s been almost 2 weeks since January 1, 2011 was upon us. The New Year, the official start to new possibilities, to changing something not going well in your life or a true celebration of all that is well in your life. With all the excitement leading up to the 2011 New Year, I didn’t really over think what resolutions I wanted to make or overanalyze the possibilities that lie ahead for me (very unlike me!). It is probably because I had an undeniably, wonderful, amazing and unforgettable 2010.

But here is the thing about me - there is always room for better and always room for striving for more. So while I cannot imagine my life being more spectacular than it was in 2010, I believe that even more greatness lies ahead for me. So rather than make a “resolution” for 2011, I have just been “taking in” the first two weeks of 2011. Part of taking it all in has been noticing what other people have been deciding for themselves in 2011 including the tons of talk shows, books and people just proclaiming what they want to see changed. The common theme is Happiness.

I then decided you can never be too happy. And how we all get there is different. For me happy is knowing myself and pushing my limits. Happy is being just comfortable enough to know when it’s time for even more. It’s accepting myself exactly as I am and knowing that improvements are just the icing. So whether it’s reading more books, trying new recipes, trying a new workout or just relishing in the time of every day – my road to happiness has no end, I have come to realize it is the journey itself.

So how has your journey in 2011 began? Are you still keeping your resolution? Is it realistic? How do you define you happiness? Just some stuff to think about as we are Two Weeks In to the New Year.

Cheers to the rest of 2011.

Until Next time…
Find the Love. Live the Life. Love the Life you Live.

With Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment