Friday, September 17, 2010

Beauty in the Dark

I was driving home the other night from what was definitely a long day. I looked around at my surroundings and couldn’t help but smile at how beautiful everything looked to me. And it’s not because I was tired and my bed was literally calling my name. I have had this experience before – there is something so serene and quiet about the night that I find beauty in it.

Since that night, I have thought about my experience more and discovered that perhaps the beauty I see in it all, is the way the night time feels for me. The day is over and I can finally relax. The relaxation I feel is manifested through my eyes and what I see around me (even on the busiest of roadways). A sense of peace is coming over me, even as I write this blog entry.

Try it out and see what I mean. Look at your home in the dark, look at the quiet space in your bedroom when only your bedside lamp is on and the rest of the room is dark. There is something so beautiful about that serenity. What feelings come over you? I know for me, in seeing Beauty in the Dark, I can understand the meaning of the joy in simple things.

Where do you find beauty? Where do you find serenity? Please share...

Until Next time…
Find the Love. Live the Life. Love the Life you Live.

With Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment