Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sing your Hearts out!

Do you ever just do something that automatically makes you smile? Now I know what you are all thinking, but that’s not it! I am talking about a simple act that brings so much pleasure. More specifically, I’m talking about singing; singing your heart out, like you mean it, like you wrote the song, like you are the star of your own life.

I love singing to myself, whether I’m in the shower, driving someplace or in my kitchen cooking up a great meal, singing adds something extra and takes everything to a more euphoric level. I remember driving one day on the highway and I was belting out a song (I wish I could remember the song) and I noticed someone saw me singing! My face turned bright red but instead of stopping or letting them know I was completely embarrassed, I smiled and they gave me a thumbs up! Another morning, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and would have loved to just stay home, but I got myself together, got in the car and started my day. Instead of letting this mood persist, I put on my favorite song of the moment and just started singing and pretty soon, my mood turned around.

So to me, singing promotes wonderful feelings. It makes me feel good; it makes me feel healthy and alive. Just to add to the emotional part of this, in many cultures (mostly non-Western) group singing is considered a social and cultural force. I can’t help but think what our days would be like if our bosses created a time in the day that was devoted to singing. HAHA – I can’t help but laugh. But how much happier would we all be?

So when you’re feeling down, need to smile or could use some uplifting, make yourself feel better and bust out singing your favorite song. Even if you think it won’t help you, that your down mood is just too low, trust me when I say, just TRY.

Sing your hearts out my Honey Bees. Until Next time…

Find the Love. Live the Life. Love the Life you Live.

With Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment