Thursday, August 5, 2010

I Smiled Today...

I smiled today. Actually, I smile every day, but today I smiled with my whole body and my whole heart. I heard a teacher today explain body image so simply and I couldn’t help but feel comfort in knowing that I knew exactly what he was talking about. The basic idea is that when we are leading healthy lifestyles, our bodies will fall into where they are naturally supposed to be. He compared weight to height. If you’re 5’2, you’ll never be 5’8. The same is true for your frame – if you have a large frame, trying to be a skinny mini is unrealistic and truthfully not that healthy for your body.

As a weight obsessed society, we see all extremes. We open magazines and see models with waif-like figures, long legs, lean stomachs and gorgeous hair. Every other commercial is a new weight loss program that we have to try. The other extreme are TV shows like The Biggest Loser or my new favorite, Losing it With Jillian, where people are helplessly overweight. They blame their weight on family traditions or really just not caring and then heroes come in and transform their lives. So where are the regular people? I’ve decided there is no such thing as the regular people or the ideal body because the ideal body is your own individual ideal body.

If you are a voluptuous woman, embrace those curves. If you have an athletic build, embrace your lean and tight figure. Whatever your body type, embrace it and love it! It’s the only body you have. Now I wouldn’t agree with living in extremes. If you are not nourishing your body properly, it is hard to embrace your body. Your body is not at its natural state when you are overeating highly processed foods and living a sedentary life. Your body is also not a natural state when you are depriving it of vitamins and minerals, just not eating and relying on an extremely low caloric intake.

When you love yourself up, body included, you will have the moment I had today. You will smile with your whole body and whole heart. And the world will see how beautiful you truly are no matter what your weight or body frame.

Please comment – I know we all have something to say. If you want to talk about this on a personal note, just email me.

Find the Love. Live the Life. Love the Life you Live.

With Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment