Friday, February 4, 2011

Be Kinder.

Don't you find it interesting how it is so easy to tell someone else how to live their life, yet you cannot do the same for yourself (or at least act on it). You know what I mean? When a friend calls to complain about something not going well in their lives and you know exactly what to say and you know it would work. However, when you call on yourself for the exact same circumstances, you don't follow your own advice.

Unfortunately, I know that all too well.
I have always known this to be true, but recently I have become more aware of it because I am determined to be kinder to myself. So I started asking myself - what I would I tell my friend who is complaining about the same things I am complaining about? Like, not working out enough, not eating how I want to be, not keeping certain promises to myself or just not making my priorities a priority. I know that I would tell my friend to start making her/himself a priority, to make the things that they want in their life happen and most importantly that it is his/her life to live and we only have one. All in all, I would tell my friend, to just get their s*** together and be kinder. Accept what is and make the change you want.


Sounds easy, huh? It is far from it, especially when we are all our own worst critics. The truth is when we feel good, when our lives feel fulfilled, when our stars are aligned - we can also be our own best friends, now wouldn't that be nice? In this post, I am making a declaration:


I challenge myself to be kinder to ME, accept what is and make the changes I want.


Can you? Will you? Make your declaration here.


Until Next Time.
Find the Love. Live the Life. Love the Life you Live.


With Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment