Monday, June 7, 2010

FIRSTS

Everything about the first is always the most exciting, the scariest and the most hopeful. Your first kiss, the first date, the “first” time (your first blog) … It’s all new and you have no idea where it will go or how your life will be affected by that first defining moment in time. Sometimes those moments feel amazing, like you never want them to end. Other times those moments can’t go by fast enough and you wish you could actually take those moments back.

This is my first blog. The first time I am ever putting myself out there to the biggest stage in the world, the Internet. I am excited, happy, scared and nervous all at the same time. It is really a crazy mix of emotions. And like other firsts in my life, I have no idea where this will go or how my audience will react. However I am confident in what I will share, hopeful in my own experiences and optimistic that you will see the world of love in a new way and through different eyes.

Since I am talking about firsts, let’s get into how you handle “first” moments in your life. I don’t know if you have caught on yet, but I am using the word moment, not as typically defined but rather as life experiences or longer instances in time. Firsts are scary because they are unknown. Anyone that says otherwise is crazy or just really that confident that the firsts they are about to embark on will be a positive experience.

I am someone that falls into the general population of individuals who find firsts scary. But I have learned through time and experience that they can also be exciting. I never had a defining moment that made me feel ready for firsts. It may have come with age or it may have come with the belief that I deserve to have exciting firsts and to not be scared of what will happen.

We are all human and no one is perfect. I think once you realize that nothing can really get to you unless you let it, you will be able to experience first moments as both scary and exciting in the perfect balance. Now I can’t promise that this will work every time because people have a way of being unpredictable or letting you down. However, I can guarantee that putting yourself out there for those first moments will turn you into that confident person that isn’t defined by the bad moments or the never for me moments.

You will look at “bad times” as learning experiences and “never for me” moments as that/him/her is not for me moments because you deserve more.

So my first challenge for my special followers is to do a first that scares you! If you’re not ready to take that leap with love, I understand. But start with something small. Write a comment to this blog, go to a yoga class, make your first Internet dating profile – just do something you have never done before and find the confidence that I know you have inside to just go for it!

I cannot wait to hear how your firsts go! Write me, email me, and never be shy… We are here for each other. Until next time…

Find the Love. Live the Life. Love the Life you Live.

With Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment